Friday, February 22, 2008

Special K

So I'm watching tv, right? And this ad for Special K comes on. This woman reaches for something, and a button pops off her blouse. Now, my first thought is, "Oh shit, get your needle and thread honey! It's sewin time!" But Commercial Woman's first thought is, "I need to lose weight."

What?

This skinny bitch does not need to lose weight. She is skinny. Her weight appears healthy, at least to me. But oh, wait! This isn't a health issue, this is an image issue. I forgot, the only reason a woman could want to lose weight is to look good, because the only thing she's got going for her is her looks. She is, after all, a woman.

I am so fucking tired of seeing skinny women (and it's almost always women, with the exception of Jared from Subway) in weight loss commercials. They are already skinny. They do not need to lose weight. Gah. I'm gonna go eat some cookies.

No comments: